Ishigaki-yaki Pottery StudioAdd to My List
Hands-on experience of pottery with oil spot Tenmoku and Ishigaki Blue reflecting the blue sea of Ishigaki
- Factory Tours/CSR Programs
Looking into a Matcha Bowl
Shining with the Color of the Sea
Collection for The British Museum
A Special Moment
Happy blue Accessories- Necklaces
Happy blue Accessories- Pierced Earrings
Ishigaki-yaki Matcha Bowl
- 1356-71, Nagura
- Closed day
- Open all year round. Open to the possible extent, even during typhoons (be sure to check in advance)
* Contact in the case of power failure: 080-6490-8722
- View website
- Approximately 30 minutes by car from Ishigaki Airport, head towards Kabira Bay through the road that starts from the city
- Vehicle parking
- Approximately 20 vehicles
Suitable for large buses
- Description of service
- The charges are inclusive of the baking of one artwork sample with 1 kg clay.
- Ishikawa ware experience course
Shisa experience course
- Cost / Visit fee
- Ishikawa ware course: 5,500 yen (excluding tax)
Shisa experience course: 5,500 yen (excluding tax)
Plate: 2500 yen (excluding tax) onwards
Chopstick rest: 900 Yen onwards (excluding tax)
Teacup: 5,500 yen onwards (excluding tax)
Accessories: 2500 yen onwards (excluding tax)
- Business Hour
- Open : 9:00-17:00
Hands-on sessions: Starts at 9:00/10:00/11:00 13:00/14:00/15:00
- Performance time
- Explanation about Ishigaki ware Approximately after 5 minutes
Gallery tour: Approximately 30-40 minutes
Ceramic art class: Ishigaki-yaki course, the time required approximately 60 minutes
Shisa course time required approximately 90 minutes ~
- Deadline for registration: Make a reservation for the pottery class by 18:00 the day before.
We accept reservations by phone on the day of the event, but we may request the timing to be adjusted if there is a group reservation.
We recommend that you make a reservation in advance for a visit or to participate in the pottery class.
- Caution for application
- Firing of the work takes about 7-8 months, and will be shipped by COD after completion.
Shipped overseas by EMS (Express Mailing Service).
Therefore, shipping and packing fees must be paid in advance on the day of the event.
- Credit Card
- Credit cards are accepted（VISA/JCB/Master/UnionPay and others）
- Ordinary Capacity
- Can hold pottery classes for up to 120 people
Advance reservation is required
- Other facilities
- Barrier-free toilet
- Made to order
- Customized products are available.
We can also hold hands-on sessions and special courses according to your budget.
Please be sure to enquire in advance.
- Foregin language availability
- Foreign language Brochure
- English, Chinese, Korean, French and Germany explanatory documents are available for Ishigaki ware.
Pamphlet: Japanese – English bilingual and French
- Foreign language Menu
- Description of Business
- Manufacturing and marketing business