Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC) / Global Oceanographic Data Center (GODAC)Add to My List
This is a free-of-charge tour facility that introduces the results of the latest studies on ocean and global environment with various exhibits.
- Factory Tours/CSR Programs
GODAC is an information dissemination center in Okinawa established by Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC), which is a global organization. As one of the few science-related learning facilities in Okinawa, our institute attracts many visitors from schools and the general public, both from within and outside the prefecture.
The exhibits at GODAC include models of submersible research vessels and probes for deep sea research, and specimens of deep-sea organisms. One can also have a wide range of hands-on experiences such as water pressure experiments. This is the only facility in Japan that specializes in disseminating Japan's world-leading cutting-edge marine science and technology and information on the “deep-sea”, making it an extremely attractive facility for learning about the ocean from a variety of perspectives.
GODAC also has interpreters on-site to explain and guide visitors through each exhibit in detail with questions and answers. With an advance reservation, we can prepare an exclusive tour program to meet your needs, and provide you with an opportunity for in-depth learning that goes beyond a simple tour of the facility.
- 224-3, Toyohara
- View website
- From Naha: Get off at Ginosa I.C. on the Okinawa Expressway, and drive north on Route 329 for approximately 10 minutes.
- Description of service
- Tour course
(1) Want to study about the deep sea!
(2) Want to study about the ocean in Okinawa!
(3) I want to know more about jobs related to marine science!
(4) I want to learn about marine garbage problem!
- Cost / Visit fee
- Free field trip
- Business Hour
- Performance time
- The time required is approximately 30 minutes- 90 minutes.
- Ordinary Capacity
- Approximately 50 people (enquire)