Onna Village Tourism AssociationAdd to My List
Eisa hands-on session
Eisa hands-on session 1
In addition to providing information on the rich nature, lifestyle and culture, and local industries that make up the local resources of Onna Village, we also promote village community development in which residents can participate. You can also work with our staff to come up with an original program.
- Onna Village Hands-on learning program facility 5973, Onna
- Closed day
- Regular holidays for reception desk: Saturdays, Sundays, and public Holidays
- View website
- Approximately 70 minutes by car from Naha Airport (using Okinawa Expressway).
- Description of service
- Local youths teach local traditional song, sanshin instrument and Eisa, a traditional dance performed on drums to pray for their ancestors on July 15th of the lunar calendar (Bon Festival). 9:00-17:00 / 5 to 80 people (costumes not provided), 5 to 40 people(costumes provided) / about 2 hours
Besides sessions on Eisa the Okinawan folk dance, there are various other programs such as making Shisa and painting Ryukyu glassware. Contact the Onna Village Tourist Association for more information.
- Cost / Visit fee
- 1,800 yen per person without dress 2,100 yen per person with dress *(tax not included)
- Business Hour