Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) Okinawa Tracking and Communications Station添加到我的清單
Okinawa Tracking and Communication Station that ”connects the earth and space”!
Tracking and Control Building at Okinawa Tracking and Control Center
Portable Station 2 Parabolic Antenna at Okinawa Tracking and Control Center
Space Information Room at Okinawa Tracking and Control Center
The Okinawa Tracking and Communication Station has two parabolic antennas that communicate with JAXA satellites. The antennas receive the satellite positions, status, observation data, etc., send control data as needed, and operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, almost without a break.
In the exhibition room, you can get an introduction of the types and roles of satellites through models and panel descriptions, and you can learn how JAXA's space development is related to our daily lives and the Earth's environment through videos and exhibits in the Environment Corner. There are books about space and also a game corner for visitors to enjoy.
- 1712, Afuso Kinrabaru
（※受付時間：平日のみ 9:30～12:15, 13:00～17:45）
- Closed day
- Open all year round. Please note that the museum may be closed temporarily. Thank you for your understanding.
- View website
- Approximately 70 minutes by car from Naha Airport (using Okinawa Expressway).
- Cost / Visit fee
- Free field trip
- Business Hour
- Performance time
- 30 minutes- 1 hour
- Caution for application
- ・ Reservations are required for guided tours. Guides are available only for weekday groups. Guides are not available on weekends and holidays, visitors are allowed to visit.
The free parking lot can accommodate about 15 cars and 3 medium-sized buses (35 passenger capacity), large buses are not allowed.
- Ordinary Capacity
- Maximum of 30 people (one guided tour)
- Foregin language availability
- Guided tours are available if accompanied by an interpreter.
- - Reservations are required for guided tours. Only for weekdays group. Guides are not available on weekends and holidays, visitors are allowed to visit.
- Cannot be accessed by large buses