- 1.Scope of this policy
The personal information means any information about an identifiable individual, including its name, e-mail address, and organization or group, which is collected via inquiry forms and application forms for downloading documents on this site.
- 2.General Purposes
- The general purposes for which OCVB may collect, use, or disclose information concerning the users include the following:
- 1) to send documents, materials or newsletters published by OCVB.
- 2) to respond inquiries or RFPs (request for proposals) with third parties.
- 3) to manage and send information regarding public contracts or services provided by OCVB.
- 4) to conduct questionnaires related to the services or various support programs provided by OCVB.
- 5) to manage and announce events or promotions set by OCVB or to send various information.
- 6) to provide various services related to the above 1) through 5).
- 3.Changes to this policy
- OCVB may, in our sole discretion, change, supplement or amend this policy as it relates to your future use of this site from time to time, for any reason, and without any prior notice or liability to you or any other person. Please check the latest version of the terms or policies each time you use this site.
- 4.Information disclosure
- OCVB may disclose personal information under the following conditions:
- 1) Legally requested by the legal authorities such as a court, Public Prosecutors Office, or the police.
- 2) considered exceptionally necessary by OCVB.
- 5.IP addresses
OCVB shall automatically collect IP addresses for security purposes. If we find any illegal activities or violation of all the terms and conditions on this site by the users, we may investigate the IP address and identify the individual or terminate its access to this site.
- 6.Information Management and Safeguards
- To protect personal information against leakage, loss, as well as unauthorized access, use and modification, OCVB has implemented appropriate care and safeguards such as SSL(secure sockets layer), firewalls, anti-virus technologies and other security measures. The information is retained as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes. We use care in the disposal or destruction of the information after the retention period.
Cookies are the technology that allows the web server to identify individual’s terminal by sending and storing certain files on their computers or mobile devices when you access to this site.
- 8.Access Analytics Tool
- OCVB uses Google Analytics (“tool”), a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (Google), to conduct research and survey regarding tourism in Okinawa. This tool uses “cookies” to collect traffic data on this site anonymously.
OCVB may combine the anonymously collected data and personal information for intensive research, however we shall not identify individuals and disclose any information we obtained. For further information about the tool, click here.