Plant dyeing experience
- Yaeyama Area
This studio located on Ishigaki Island manufactures and sells Yaeyama district’s traditional hand-woven crafts such as Yaeyama-jofu and Hanaori-Minsa, and you can purchase bags and other small items. Hands-on experience programs led by craftsmen are also available. Weaving experience classes start from 1,000 yen, and half-day classes are also available.
- 1129 Arakawa(along Nagura Bay),Ishigaki
- Closed day
- View website
- About 25 min by car from Ishigaki Airport
- Description of service
- Workshop for dyeing a handkerchief or stole using dyes made from indigo, fukugi, and kouro, etc. (overnight tours available) / From 9:30am / 24 pax per session / About 40 min
- Cost / Visit fee
- ¥1,500–¥5,000 / Dye and hataori weaving half-day experience (¥5,000–¥15,000), etc.
- Business Hour
- Credit Card
- VISA, MASTER, JCB, AMEX, DINERS, Union Pay, etc.
- Foreign language Brochure
- English, Korean, Chinese (traditional)